As promised I'm continuing to work my way through the Great British Sewing Bee patterns and have struck gold with the first pattern in the book, the Tunic. I don't really wear tunics, so I made it a little longer to be worn as a dress and it really is a lovely pattern, very simple (apart from this particularly fiddly method of putting in facing - won't be doing it like that again!) I think the main reason this works is because of the fabric choice, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this retro looking floral - Free Spirit Summersault. It works well with this style as well and I think would look at home at Woodstock or Glyndebourne! I had just one metre so I added a contrasting strip at the bottom with a slither of ric-rac to finish it off (couldn't resist!) I'm pleased with it and have already worn it many times. If I make it again, I'll probably try to give it a bit more shape, but like this it works well with or without a belt (I picked up a neon pink one for a pound!) Ta-dah!
Note to self, taking photos on Nancy is not the most flattering way to show off new garment…
Hi, thanks for dropping by, welcome!